‘Cross compliance’ is a set of rules which farmers and land managers must follow on their holding if they are claiming rural payments for:
- the Basic Payment Scheme
- Countryside Stewardship
- Entry Level Stewardship (including Organic Entry Level Stewardship and Uplands Entry Level Stewardship) agreements starting on or after 1 January 2007
- Higher Level Stewardship (including Organic Higher Level Stewardship and Uplands Higher Level Stewardship) agreements starting on or after 1 January 2007
- Woodland Management Grant and Farm Woodland Premium elements of English Woodland Grant Scheme agreements starting on or after 1 January 2007.
Cross compliance is made up of ‘Statutory Management Requirements’ (SMRs) and standards for ‘Good Agricultural and Environmental Conditions’ (GAECs).
They cover the following areas:
- Public, animal and plant health
- Environment, climate change and good agricultural condition of land
- Animal welfare
4R Reassurance ensures you are compliant with the Cross Compliance Rules.